Boston Drug Rehab Treatment Centers
Why are Boston Drug Rehab Treatment Centers necessary?
There's nothing nebulous about the effects that drug addiction is having on residents in the city of Boston. In the last ten years, opioid related deaths have reportedly skyrocketed with approximately two drug overdose fatalities occurring daily. Frankly, the most recent statistics are an indication that many substance abusers may be unaware of the treatment options that are available to help them overcome addiction. Drug distribution, crimes, and abuse continue to spike despite city-wide initiatives to stem the opiate addiction epidemic and the spread of drug related illnesses such as Hepatitis C and HIV among heroin users. This, for many residents, is an indication of failure to rehabilitate, which is at the heart of the problem. Boston Drug Rehab Treatment Centers understand that rehabilitation that addresses the physiological and psychological drivers behind drug abuse is the key to combating the opioid addiction epidemic.
City officials are concerned that heroin users who do not access treatment early increase their risk of dying each day that they continue to use drugs. At least in part, the answer may lie in educating more residents about the dangers of opiate prescription medication that so frequently starts the slide into heroin drug use. This is an important message that many of the local drug treatment centers Boston offers want to share.
If you or a loved one is battling addiction, Boston Drug Rehab Treatment Centers can help you find treatment options that will help. Call (617) 517-6448 today for more information and guidance on the best treatments to meet your recovery needs.
How Boston Drug Rehab Treatment Centers Work
For many people in addiction, misconceptions about how drug treatment programs work has caused them to forego the help they often desperately need. For instance, some women express concerns about leaving their families to live in drug rehab centers, while men are typically put off by the thought of sharing their struggle with strangers in an open forum. While it is true that traditional drug intervention programs are still a part of the rehabilitation process, recovery has evolved into a more personalized experience. Boston Drug Rehab Treatment Centers can help addicted individuals find the most effective rehab services for their recovery needs, choosing from program options such as:
- Residential and out-patient treatment programs. An initial personal assessment and psychiatric evaluation determines which option is best for the patient. However, the ultimate decision to live in a drug rehab center or to experience recovery on an outpatient based is made in conjunction with the patient and if relevant, their loved ones.
- Choice in treatment approaches for drug detox is also a significant shift that has occurred in the drug rehab process. Patients can undergo medically-supervised detox programs in settings that provide around the clock oversight for the duration of the procedure. Detoxification may or may not occur with the utilization of medications. Although not everyone wants to use drugs to aid the detox process, New FDA approved pharmacological interventions help those who do to lessen the painful and sometimes life-threatening symptoms of withdrawals.
- Gender based programs that consider the different needs and communication style of men and women.
- LGBT programs that eliminate concerns about judgement while addressing the challenges that influence substance abuse for individuals in this demographic.
- Faith-based recovery programs approach treatment from a spiritual perspective. It is centered around people's desire to integrate their belief system that recognizes God or a higher power into their rehabilitation experience.
- Dual diagnosis is an important treatment program that addresses co-morbidities. Dual diagnosis treatments have been recognized as part of a breakthrough intervention process that studies show significantly reduces homelessness and recidivism rates.
- Holistic treatment programs offering a range of alternative remedies that can be experienced as a program module or integrated into traditional rehabilitation programs. Alternative treatment encompasses a wide spectrum of health care practices and therapies that may include or utilize various components of acupuncture, Ayurveda medicine, chiropractic services, energy medicine, homeopathy, and naturopathy as well as traditional Chinese medicine.
Other treatment tools such as twelve-step programs, aftercare, partial-hospitalization, participation in a sober living community, relapse prevention education and training and other self-help services are adjunct services that enhance the recovery process as well as enable a safer and easier transition from the rehab regimen to everyday life.The goal at Boston Drug Treatment Centers is to help individuals find addiction treatment programs that will meet all of their needs. Call (617) 517-6448 today.